I'm a certified Digital Business Consultant!
Although I have loads of experience with website design and development, for a while I’ve felt that I wanted to develop on the agency side of things. Not only did I want to develop my sales approach in order to not only get more clients, but also leverage myself so I was getting to the clients I could best serve.
Way back when I first started learning to code websites and first started dreaming about setting up my own website business, I started to follow Agency Mavericks (then known as WP Elevation). I used to gobble up everything that Troy Dean (the CEO) used to spit out; I read every post, watched every video, and I used to listen to their podcasts on the way to and from work every day.
So back in September, after a bit of a push from my partner and friends, I decided to take the plunge and sign up for the course and I’m delighted I did. I got a lot out of the course that should both help me provide a better service for my current clients as well as hopefully reach to more clients in the future.
Agency Mavericks is an Australian based business that provides education and coaching for freelancers, website developers and digital marketing agencies. They enable members to better serve their clients through advanced training, communication, development workflow, and project management best practices. Certified Agency Maverick consultants have access to ongoing education and a community of peers for support and continued professional development.
The above badge now displayed on my website is assurance that you are in good hands by having me work on or manage your WordPress website!
The Agency Mavericks Digital Business Consultant certification includes the following skills and accomplishments:
- Building and displaying a meaningful portfolio of WordPress website projects completed, as well as other digital marketing work;
- Defining a structured project workflow process from idea through to website deployment;
- Utilizing email marketing and lead capture
- Blogging and content creation;
- Establishing sustainable pricing models;
- Conducting qualification of incoming leads;
- Conducting structured and successful cleint meetings;
- Writing effective proposals;
- Engaging in effective client follow up campaings;
- Employing a structured client on-boarding and off-boarding process;
- Engaging in effective client communications;
- Using a structured and efficient project management process;
- Using website prototypes and sitemaps in the development process;
- Effective management of change requests;
- Generation of business referrals;
- Effective financial management;
- Hiring and managing project staff and contractors;
- Use of podcasting as a marketing and communications tool;
- Use of pre-launch checklists and quality checks;
- Website maintenance, management, and care plans.